- Creation of both a governance structure for Kopia as well as the adoption of a Code of Conduct
- Addition of better encryption schemes (AES256-GCM-HMAC-SHA256 and CHACHA20-POLY1305-HMAC-SHA256) and deprecation of some weak ciphers.
- Object Storage: Support for Azure Blob and AWS Session Tokens
- KopiaUI - desktop client that runs kopia in the background allows quick access to UI from system tray
- Robustness testing framework
- Revamped logging of repository layer and made it pluggable
- Refactored hashing, encryption and splitters into separate packages
- Added ability to embed credentials in kopia connection configuration.
- Cleaned up console output to be less noisy
- Build system now supports macOS, Linux and Windows - all CLI binaries and KopiaUI can be built on all the environments.
- Automatic update notification about new Kopia versions available on GitHub
- Improvements to repository maintenance tooling (compaction, garbage collection, verification)
- New policy options to ignore errors when reading files and directories
- Repository now remembers hostname at connection time to prevent spontaneous changes when changing networks
- Lots of improvements to server HTTP API - now supports running over TLS, dynamic ports and using random password
See full change log on GitHub.
Last modified March 10, 2021: site: preparing for 0.8 Release (#877) (f04ec7eb)